Monday, June 10, 2013

Summertime, and the Livin' Is Easy

I love the summer for lots of reasons, and one of the biggest reasons is this:

I love water!!!


Here I am on a recent trip to the beach with my momma. We love living close enough to walk to the water, and we like to walk there at low tide when there are lots of salty smells to explore and rocks to climb. I have to stay on my leash, though, so I don't get to do a lot of swimming at the beach.

I save that for the park!


Or, well, I guess you'd have to call what I do more like "splashing" than "swimming." 


Splashing, and sometimes just relaxing. When it's really hot, I have to jump into the pool every few minutes just to cool off.


And in the summertime, I love the water so much, I even love the rain!


Here I am investigating the sewer drain across the street from us, with water rushing in from the pouring rain. Momma let me lean out and splash around a little bit before we cleared some debris from the grate so that it could do its job better.


 Then Momma tried to get my picture standing squarely in this deep puddle, but... first I shook the rain off... then I hopped out!

What about you? Do you like the water? Even stomping through rain puddles?

No comments:

Post a Comment