Thursday, April 21, 2011


Hello, my name is Margot Elizabeth, but you can just call me "GoGo."  I am a 8 week old Pembroke Welsh Corgi that lives in Connecticut.

I was born in eastern Pennsylvania, but my new mommy and daddy picked me up on Saturday to make my way to my new home where I was anxiously awaited for a long, long time.

Last weekend was very busy, as I was brought to my Gramma and Grandpa's house in New Jersey.  My mommy had a baby shower to go to on Sunday, so we stayed in NJ until Sunday evening.

In NJ, I met my uncle Keiko.  He is a very big doggy, and I'm still a little wary of him.  He doesn't pay much attention to me, but I learned to stay out of his way when he almost stepped on me once.  I can't wait until I am big like him!  In the meantime, I'm sure he'll warm up to me more when I visit again for Mother's Day and many more times in the future.

Life at gramma and grandpa's was also a little stressful, since I didn't have a good schedule yet.  I woke my daddy up 3 times the first night I was there, but he didn't mind, because he loves me. :)

On Sunday afternoon, we took a trip to Princeton to meet some of my mommy and daddy's friends while picking mommy up from the baby shower.  I was a little overwhelmed and tired, but I was still good.  I wasn't very happy about being in my carrier bag while mommy and daddy ate with gramma and grandpa at Panera, but it was a convenient place that had outdoor seating, and it helped get me a little used to somewhat heavy traffic on the sidewalks and street.

After another car ride in my carrier where I slept most of the way, I was in Connecticut - my new home!  I was so excited to walk around my new home with mommy and daddy.  Since then, I mainly stay in the kitchen.  I don't always like that, but I'm getting used to it.  I also sleep in my crate a few times a day and at night.  It's not so bad, though.  It gives me a safe place to lay down with my toys, and daddy puts my crate by his and mommy's bed at night.

I went to visit my doctor on Monday morning for a check-up.  He checked my hips and knees, looked in my ears and mouth, and felt the top of my head and belly.  It was all worth it, though, because he said I was healthy with a perfect weight of 4.8 pounds.  He also said I'm just a tad bit aggressive.  I'm not mean, but I am also not the most submissive puppy.  I guess that means daddy and mommy will have their hands full teaching me to listen. >:)

I'm very good at doing my "business" outside, though I am still working on my biting.  I currently love to bite my mommy and daddy's hands, pant legs, and ankles, but I'm learning to play with all of my toys.  For some reason, I seem to get new toys every other day that are different shapes and sizes, made out of different materials that make different noises.  Maybe they are trying to distract me from biting them...?

I'm getting on a schedule for eating, sleeping, doing my business, and, most important of all, playing!  Every day, it seems to get a little easier, as I am getting better at understanding what mommy and daddy want me to do when they say things like, "Get your bone," or, "Go to your bed," or, "Do your business."

Overall, I'm a happy puppy, and I'm pretty sure that I have very, very happy parents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment