Thursday, May 5, 2011

GoGo vs. the Giant Mushroom

Don't you think I should write adventure novels? They'd be full of huge obstacles and interesting new things, like this gigantic black mushroom near my house, or some empty food and trash bag boxes that Mom and Dad throw on the kitchen floor for me to bark at, drag around and tackle!


All of my novels, of course, would have incredible titles, like GoGo vs. the Giant Mushroom, or GoGo vs. the Giant Front Porch Steps - I really have to collect my nerves before I'll make attempts to jump down one or two of those!

I could also write a book about a big adventure I had last weekend, to a town called Darien. Darien has a few blocks of a bustling downtown area, but my little legs could only cover one of those blocks on my own. Of course, it was still a huge adventure - I licked the faces of every child I saw, coaxed shopkeeps out of their stores to greet me, and tried to follow all of my new friends home. Everyone just thinks I'm a beautiful puppy!

And by "beautiful puppy," I mean, "beautiful, big huge dog!" I went to the vet yesterday morning and weighed in at 5.8 pounds. Do you remember that I was just 4.8 pounds on my last visit? That means I've gained one pound in just over two weeks. It also means that I've grown by over 20% of my body weight in just over two weeks! It must be all of that frozen broccoli..



One of the things I'm not quite big enough for yet is my brand new water bowl. It's a custom bowl that my daddy ordered special for me - only the best for Daddy's little girl! He got me a bowl to last a lifetime, so it's bigger than my food bowl now, but I can reach to drink my water. I love the colors, especially lime green, like the peels of my favorite apples!

I took my shots like a champion yesterday, and napped away that rainy day. Today I had my second dose of worm meds - I already got rid of my worms, though, so I hope that this pill doesn't make my tummy feel as sick as the last one did.

Can't wait for my trip to Gramma and Grandpa's this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment