Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I'm just back from one of the best days I've ever had at the park. Mommy froze to solid ice, but I told her to heat up some hot chocolate and warm her fingers so that she could type this blog for me. I can't wait to tell you about my friends.

The dog park is really cool, even when it's super cold. Some of my best friends still come around, while our owners shiver. Today at the park, my friend Sonny and I were tossing around my favorite ring toy when we found this awesome black glove.

Sonny has ears that stand up like mine!
Because this glove was so super awesome, Sonny and I both wanted to hang onto it. First, I chased Sonny for it; then, she was trying to keep it from me with her front paws. I'm small and stealthy, so I got it away from her. When Sonny started chasing me to get it back, I held on tight. Sonny is bigger than me, and a little bit faster, so she caught up and we both hung on to one side of the glove. I heard the some threads start to rip.. then.. suddenly.. Victory was mine! Sonny's side of the glove tore, and I got to run with it on my own!

Sonny taught me today that toys are even more fun when we share them. I've never played tug with another puppy before; only with my mom and dad. When Sonny and I were pulling on that glove, I found out just how much fun tug could be. We played my favorite games - tug and keep-away - together all afternoon, right up until our friend Lexi came to the park.

See, I have lots of park friends. Here's one of my oldest park friends, Sally:


Sally taught me when I first started coming to the park that puppy teeth are sharp, and that I can't nip at other puppies' ears. She taught me so kindly, like an old aunt. Maybe we really are related, since we have the same colors. I'm almost bigger than her now.

My best friend at the park these days is Chloe:


Chloe was trying to play with a leaf in her mouth when Mom took this picture. But isn't she beautiful? When we met, she was wearing a big Christmas sweater, and she loved how my dad would scratch her so that the sweater didn't bother her as much. When it's not so cold, though, she just wears her fur. We run so fast that we both start breathing hard. Chloe sounds funny when she gets out of breath, I guess because her nose is so small. She loves to catch her breath by my dad's feet while he pats her, and I don't mind sharing his attention with such a good friend like Chloe.

I had a lot of fun on my holiday adventures this year, but now that it's 2012, it's nice to spend some time in my hometown with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment