Sunday, September 29, 2013

New Rules

My little sister is here!!!!!!!!!!



She's almost two weeks old, and already my family has been enjoying our newest member so much.

Unfortunately, I can't post a picture of my little sister where you can see her face, because my parents are working hard to protect her privacy as someone so new in the world. But don't worry, I'll be posting a lot about our adventures together without breaking the new security rules.

I'm finding that with little siblings come a lot of new rules. I learned right away that I can give my little sister kisses, but not too many and not on her belly. I've learned to mind the stroller when we walk together. I also learned in our first crazy nights together that I can protect my little sister, but I don't actually have to fret over her every time she makes a noise. In fact, I'm so used to the new routine already that now I don't even wake up every time my little sister cries at night, because I know Momma and Dadda will take care of it. Besides, a girl like me needs her beauty rest...



I'm still working on our new strict rules about barking in the house. I've already improved greatly when it comes to having visitors here. It helped that my friend Kim brought me some gifts when she came to see the baby. Let's not forget that I still live here and am very special, too!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to playtime with Dad. I can't get playtime whenever I want it anymore - have to work it all around the baby's schedule - but it's worth it. My little sister and I are definitely going to be best friends!

1 comment: